Softwood timber products – Quarterly
- Prices for untreated MGP structural timber products remained relatively stable, ranging between -0.1% lower and no change.
- Price movements for treated outdoor products varied slightly and were as much as -0.1% lower.
- Price movements for MDF and particleboard products were mixed, between -0.2% and 0.9%, while plywood prices moved downwards by as much as -1.5%.
- Prices for LVL and I-joist/I-beam products continued to decline, with price movements between -3.9% and -5.6%.
Hardwood timber products – Six monthly
- Price movements for kiln dried structural hardwood products were upwards, between 1.6% and 2.4%.
- Price movements for hardwood flooring products were mostly upwards, between 0.7% and 3.4%.
The TMS collects price data through quarterly surveys of a representative sample of timber market participants in eastern Australia. All quarterly TMS reports contain price movement information for softwood timber, panels and engineered wood products. The June and December quarter editions also include price movement information for hardwood timber products surveyed over a six-month period.
The TMS is prepared by Indufor and funded by ten major Australian forestry organisations: Forestry Corporation of NSW; VicForests; Hancock Victorian Plantations; HQPlantations; OneFortyOne Plantations; Queensland Government Department of Agriculture and Fisheries; Green Triangle Forest Products; Sustainable Timber Tasmania; Southern Cross Forests; and ACT Parks and Conservation Service.
Further information and the latest Timber Market Survey report is available here:
Share this Post