This presentation, which includes full narration, was presented at WoodTECH 2017 in Melbourne, Australia and Rotorua, New Zealand. Josh Bergen is the Owner of Canadian company, Precision Manufacturing. Their key distributor in Australia and New Zealand is Keymatic Technologies.
This workshop provided invaluable advice on saw guide selection, installation, operation and maintenance. It covered:
1) Saw Guide Maintenance
- Addressing common issues seen when installing and troubleshooting equipment across Canada and the US.
- Guide theory
- Maintaining accuracy
- Measuring to a high degree of accuracy in sawmill environments – Foreign material and thermal issues
- Common guide wear
- When guide damage happens
- Pre – and – Post machining checks
- Guide inspection techniques – Gang and Edger
- Guide dressers
2) Updates to historical babbitt design and saw cooling
New mold design and “real-world” examples from Canada (the first manufacturer in North America to design and implement babbitt molds based on recent testing (done in the last couple years) for increased saw cooling and improved lubrication).
3) Innovations in precision CNC guide dressing of saw guides
4) Selecting saw guides – what to look for
5) Working alongside your supplier or manufacturer
The presentation video runs for 23.46 minutes.
Share this Post