Welcome to the latest issue of WoodTECH.News.
As 2021 comes to a close, it’s been a year where Covid-19 has once again dominated the headlines, disrupted supply chains and threatened business as usual. However, it has also been a boom for many within the forestry industry, as increased domestic construction and reopening of international trade has seen timber in high demand. In addition, climate change has become a key political issue worldwide and will be a massive opportunity for our industry going forward.
For WoodTECH News, here are the 5 top stories for 2021:
- Is treated h2 timber framing a time bomb?
- Why NZ’s wood processors are under stress
- A new timber jointing process using wood welding
- Safe systems save lives
- South Australian sawmill struggling to source logs and could close
This month, we cover the just-announced programme for WoodTECH 2022. With this year’s programme cancelled due to Covid-19, we have pulled together a fantastic lineup of speakers from around the globe and expect a good turnout in May next year. Early registrations are now open.
There are plenty of stories in this month’s issue, with Timberlink unveiling their new NeXTimber range, New Zealand’s Kaituna Sawmill getting an NZ$11 million upgrade and AKD’s new recruitment drive. We also have a potential change in NZ’s hazard classification system for fungicides, Canada creating a new hub for building ‘intelligent’ housing and LSI rebranding to Arxada.
This will be the last WoodTECH News issue for 2021 and we will be back in February 2022. Enjoy your Christmas break – if one is being taken – and thank you for your support and input over this last year.
Check out these stories and much more below. Enjoy this month’s issue.
Stories this issue:
- Timberlink announces new CLT & GLT brand
- Record profits for European & Nth American sawmills
- WoodTECH 2022 – focus on Sawmilling
- Intelligent City opens its first urban housing factory
- Hazard classification update for fungicides underway
- OneFortyOne investing NZ$11m in Kaituna mill
- Careers through 3 AKD talent programmes
- AI coming to a log turner near you…?
- LSI Rebrands as Arxada
If you haven’t already, subscribe to this email newsletter.
Share this Post