Welcome to the latest issue of WoodTECH.News.
In New Zealand, the news over the last month has been dominated by Cyclone Gabrielle and its aftermath. The cyclone cut off communities and caused widespread flooding and destruction to homes, businesses and infrastructure. As the clean-up continues, one key debate will be on how we, the forest industry and other land users, can better prepare for future extreme weather events.
In this edition of WoodTECH.News, we’ll be covering a range of exciting stories, including:
- Flood-hit businesses vow to rebuild. Pan Pac Forest Products at Whirinaki has been operating for 50 years and, as the company’s managing director Tony Clifford said, “We’re not going anywhere”.
- Innovative infrared technology to test timber treatment. AKD has developed a novel infrared technology to non-destructively test the effectiveness of timber treatments – which could revolutionise the industry and reduce waste.
- IRG timber durability research event for Australia.
- Cusp to increase CLT & GLT production by 100%.
- Tasmanian Premier visits Timberlink’s Bell Bay facility. The company’s AU$63 million upgrade is in the final stages of planning with commissioning expected in 2026.
- Timberlink celebrates its 10-year milestone. The closure was due principally to the unexpected suspension of wood supply.
- Australia’s last white paper plant closes. It is unfortunate that the closure was due to the unexpected suspension of wood supply.
- Biomass System Selection – Start with the Fuel. The article provides guidance on how to analyse and evaluate different fuel options for maximum efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Parkside announces closure of Manjimup mill. The Western Australian company’s mill closure is another hit for small regional communities.
So, sit back, grab a drink, and join us as we delve into the latest news and developments in the world of wood processing.
Check out these stories and much more below. Enjoy this month’s issue.
Stories this issue:
- Flood-hit businesses vow to rebuild
- Innovative infrared technology to test timber treatment
- IRG timber durability research event for Australia
- Cusp to increase CLT & GLT production by 100%
- Tasmanian Premier visits Timberlink’s Bell Bay facility
- Timberlink celebrates its 10-year milestone
- Australia’s last white paper plant closes
- Biomass System Selection – Start with the Fuel
- Parkside announces closure of Manjimup mill
If you haven’t already, subscribe to this email newsletter.
Share this Post