Welcome to the latest issue of WoodTECH.News.
Is mass timber construction paving the future direction of the wood processing sector?
This month we cover Australia’s largest particleboard line being built by Australian Panels in Mount Gambier, Timberlink’s brand-new NeXTimber CLT facility has just opened nearby and a new Aussie tech startup is using software to help accelerate the adoption of mass timber.
In addition, the recent 2023 NZ Timber Design Awards had high praise for Scion’s award-winning Te Whare Nui o Tuteata (timber innovation hub) building, with judges stating the “building represents a global shift in the way buildings can be designed, prefabricated, assembled, and disassembled.”
Stories this issue:
- Largest particleboard line in Australia to be installed
- First CLT panel from NeXTimber operation
- Aussie ClimateTech Startup Raises AU$1.5m
- Australian Timber Market Survey report released
- Global significance of Te Whare Nui o Tuteata
- New airport terminal showcases 9 acre timber roof
- Sawmill downsizing in B.C. creates opportunities
- Timberlink board appoints Paul O’Keefe as CEO following retirement of Ian Tyson
- Ian Tyson stepping down as Timberlink CEO
So, sit back, grab a drink, and join us as we delve into the latest news and developments in the world of wood processing and manufacturing.
Share this Post