Welcome to the latest issue of WoodTECH.News.
The big news this month for the WoodTECH community is the rescheduling of this year’s major sawmilling event to May 2022. While we had hoped to run it this August, the impacts from Covid-19 were making it increasingly harder to run. Mills were disappointed that in many instances, they would be unable to get into Rotorua – or connect remotely. A combination of international travel bans, which blocked many presenters, exhibitors and international delegates from attending, the frequent Australian lockdowns and a post-covid building boom made it a simple decision.
The new WoodTECH 2022 dates mean we can, once again, run a physical event, both in Melbourne and Rotorua. With the last sawmilling and saw-doctoring event run back in 2019, it will have been 3 years since mills around New Zealand and Australia will have met up. We’ll keep you up with the plans for next year’s series – as they evolve.
A number of the stories in this month’s issue cover major mill announcements. CLTP Tasmania has launched the world’s first hardwood CLT plant, South Australia is getting a brand new sawmill and the world’s first OEL plant opened in Gisborne, New Zealand. We also have the sale of a Whakatane mill, which the new owners see has a bright future and, unfortunately, the closure of the Tasman Mill in Kawerau, New Zealand.
Check out these stories and much more below. Enjoy this month’s issue
Stories this issue:
- Local sawmilling event rescheduled for 2022
- Toxic timber filling up New Zealand’s landfills?
- 10-story high-rise built in just one day
- Latest quarterly Timber Market Survey report released
- CLTP Tasmania launches world’s first hardwood CLT
- New AU$4.5 million sawmill for South Australia
- World’s first Optimised Engineered Lumber plant opened
- Sale Of Whakatāne Mill to consortium
- Stirling Machinery install the first Salvador Push Feed Saw in Australia
- Closure of Tasman Mill confirmed
- ProDetec Quick Fire Suppression System
If you haven’t already, subscribe to this email newsletter.
Share this Post