11-12 September 2018
18-19 September 2018
Rotorua, NEW ZEALAND
WoodTECH 2018 | Event Details
After an absence of over eight years, the Forest Industry Engineering Association (FIEA) will this year be focussing the 2018 WoodTECH event on innovations and new technologies around dry-mill and wood manufacturing operations. The previous two WoodTECH events, 2017 and 2015 have both concentrated on sawmill scanning, sawing and green-mill optimisation technologies.
WoodTECH 2017 was a sell-out. The WoodTECH 2017 tech series drew in record numbers with over 400 delegates attending the New Zealand and Australian events. Exhibition booths sold out well in advance of the series being run. In fact, it was the largest gathering yet seen of sawmilling companies, saw-doctors and sawing technology providers from around the globe in Australasia. You can check out just what was covered and who was involved in the 2017 series by clicking here.
New technologies, new processing systems and case studies to showcase “smart operating practices” in dry-mill and wood manufacturing operations will be profiled at the WoodTECH 2018 series this year. At this stage, we plan on covering;
- Robotics and automation and changes being seen in wood manufacturing
- Advances in wood scanning and board optimisation
- Finger-jointing, cross cutting and ripping
- Timber gluing and laminating
- Timber machining
- Kiln drying
- Timber finishing – planning, moulding and surface coating
- Material handling operations
- Mill maintenance
- Changes to timber standards
- H&S, training and skills development
Like the 2017 sawmilling event, short focussed presentations, quick-fire technology updates and a large number of exhibitions will be used to provide a unique platform for local mills and manufacturers to learn and engage at WoodTECH 2018.
Who Are Attending?
For WoodTECH 2017, the two-yearly sawmilling event, over 400 sawmill managers, production and operational staff along with key tech providers attended. For WoodTECH 2018, delegates will include;
- Wood processing & manufacturing site managers
- Dry-mill & production managers & supervisors
- Timber machining, moulding, finger-jointing, gluing and laminating operators
- Mill and lumber Q.C. personnel
- Mill maintenance staff
- Kiln drying operators
- Local and international equipment, product and service suppliers
We have worked closely with a wide range of New Zealand, Australian and international companies, service suppliers, researchers and government bodies to develop a strong and innovative programme. If you have any questions about the programme, please contact the Brent Apthorp on firstname.lastname@example.org or (+64) 3 470 1902.
Programme at a Glance
Conference Day One
- Session 1: Disruptive Technologies – Just how these are reshaping wood manufacturing options
- Session 2: Scanning & Optimisation Technologies to Improve Recoveries in the Dry-Mill
- Refreshments & Networking (Drinks & canapes will be provided amongst the exhibits)
Conference Day Two
- Session 3: High Speed Planing & Timber Machining
- Session 4: Defecting, Finger-Jointing, Gluing, Laminating & Material Handling
- Session 5: Kiln Drying Technologies & Drying Practices
To view the Australian and New Zealand programmes – click the Tabs above
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
WoodTECH 2018 will again offer again a unique opportunity for companies involved in supplying products or services to Australasia’s wood manufacturing companies to be involved in this event. For the last event, WoodTECH 2017, exhibition spaces SOLD OUT two months before the event ran.
FIEA has earned a well-deserved reputation over 20 years of providing both event sponsors and exhibitors with a unique independent platform for promoting their products and services to forestry and wood products companies in this region. Details for sponsorship and exhibiting at the WoodTECH 2018 technology series will be made available within the first three months of 2018.
For early information on planned sponsorship options and benefits for the planned WoodTECH 2018 series, or other upcoming FIEA events, please include your details in the form on the right or contact Gordon Thomson, Sponsorship Manager, (+64) 7 921 1384 or (+64) 27 275 8022, email@example.com.
Distinction Rotorua Hotel, NEW ZEALAND
390 Fenton Street, Rotorua, New Zealand
With its beautiful garden setting and located just minutes from the city centre, Distinction Rotorua Hotel is the perfect place to relax and unwind after a big day at the conference.
After the event, this hotel is also a great base to enjoy the wealth of attractions and activities Rotorua has to offer. Free car parking is available at the venue, however, spaces are limited and hotel guests take priority.
Special accommodation rates (incl. GST):
- Superior Room | $160 per room/night (single, double or twin share)
- Deluxe Room | $180 per room/night (single, double or twin share)
- Hotel Suites | $240 per room/night (single or double share)
Book AccommodationDistinction Rotorua Hotel
Bayview Eden Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
6 Queens Road, Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Perfectly positioned for business and pleasure.
Bayview Eden Melbourne is located adjacent to the beautiful Albert Park Lake & Golf Course and close to all Melbourne has to offer.
The following special accommodation rates are available to delegates:
- Superior King Room | $162.00 room per room/night
Book AccommodationBayview Eden Melbourne
|Registration Type||Price (per person)|
(ending 10 August 2018)
|$890 + GST|
(from 11 August 2018)
|$970 + GST|
|Group (3-5) Rate|
(3 to 5 attendees)
|$770 + GST|
|Group (6+) Rate|
(min 6 attendees)
|$590 + GST|
|Association Supporter Rate|
(with discount code)
|$850 + GST|
- All prices exclude 15% GST for the New Zealand event and 10% GST for the Australian event.
- Forest Industry Engineering Association (FIEA) member discounts of 10-25% apply on ALL listed Conference Rates. FIEA Membership Details and Benefits can be seen on www.fiea.org.nz. Membership status and discounts available can be checked by calling our FIEA offices.
- A credit card fee of 2.5% applies to New Zealand credit card transactions and 2.2% for Australian credit card transactions.
- The Association Rate is available to all Supporting Association Members. A list of Associations can be found via this link. A discount code is required and can be obtained by contacting your Association directly.
- To be eligible for any special rates, registrations and payment must be received on or BEFORE the dates listed. All discounts require payment at time of registration and before the cut-off date in order to receive any discount.
- Any discounts offered (including group discounts) require payment at the time of registration.
- Your conference registration payment covers the morning and afternoon teas, lunches, refreshments, a conference handbook and access to presentations (electronic download for those presentations where presenter approval has been given).
- Cancellation policy: For cancellations made on or before Friday 10 August 2018, a 10% administration fee applies. Cancellations received after this date are non-refundable, however, they are transferrable. Please allow 30 days for refunds to be processed. If you wish to transfer your registration to another individual from within your company, please provide us with at least 24 hours advance notice.
- The organisers reserve the right to change the programme when required.
- Click here for our full terms and conditions.
Since 1998 the Forest Industry Engineering Association (FIEA), a division of Innovatek Ltd, has run an extensive series of technology related events for Australasian forest products companies. Over 200 conferences, trade shows and exhibitions have been run for local companies.
FIEA’s objective is to improve the performance and productive capability of forestry and wood products companies in the region. It is now recognized as one of the most effective information providers for the Australasian forestry & wood products industries.
FIEA Contact Details
(+64) 7 921 1382
1800 126 398 (from Australia)
- Rotorua Office
Forest Industry Engineering Association
Building X91, Sala Street, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
PO Box 1230, Rotorua 3040, New Zealand
Ph (+64) 7 921 1382
- Dunedin Office
Forest Industry Engineering Association
c/o Distinction Dunedin Hotel, 6 Liverpool Street, Dunedin 9016, New Zealand
PO Box 904, Dunedin 9054, New Zealand
Ph (+64) 3 470 1902
Forest Industry Engineering Association: A division of Innovatek Ltd